We’ve recently consolidated websites. The standalone Trail Websites site is now part of the Lewis Studios site. This page is the starting point for learning about our web design, development and operational services for websites for land trusts and similar organizations.
Trail Websites is the part of Lewis Studios that focuses on websites for conservation trusts and other organizations with trails or open space. We are a total solution provider for conservation trusts, land trusts and other land and trail management organizations.
We leverage reusable designs and technology to enable affordable solutions and we reduce your work by enabling you to enter information about properties and trails once and use it in different places on your website from property pages to locator map to trail guide.
We extend WordPress to manage conservation holdings, trails and land stewards. You maintain a database of your land and trails with maps, photos, GPS trailhead coordinates, descriptions, cautions, feature lists and more. Using our enhancements to WordPress, you can present an overview page with locator map, detailed property pages and a navigation list of trails in your WordPress powered website. You can even present a downloadable PDF trail guide generated from the same data.
- Same What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get editing tools as WordPress posts and pages
- Manage information on trails, land stewards and the relationships between them
- WordPress shortcodes for overview table, detailed trail pages and complete trail guide
- Includes script for generating PDF trail guide from the database for an always current, downloadable trail guide
- Generate dynamic trail locator map with Google Maps and GPS trailhead coordinates from the database using a WordPress shortcode
- Use GPS tracks to show trails on Google Maps, show map images or both
Our solution is in use by multiple conservation trusts and was originally developed as a custom project for Littleton Conservation Trust in Littleton, Massachusetts.